The sale of admission forms into the University of Cape Coast (UCC) by Distance Learning for the 2017/2018 Academic Year will end on Saturday, 4th March, 2017.
The general public, especially basic school teachers, clerks, secretarial and accounting personnel in the civil/public service, commerce and industry, are to take note.
Below are details of available programmes
1. 3-year Diploma in Basic Education (DBE)
2. 3-year Diploma in Psychology and Foundations of Education (DPF)
3. 3-year Diploma in Mathematics and Science Education (DMSE) for Science and Elective Mathematics students
4. 2-year Bachelor Degree in Basic Education (PDE) for Diploma in Basic Education Holders only
5. 2-year Bachelor Degree in Psychology and Foundations of Education (BPF) for Diploma in Education Holders only.
6. 2-year Bachelor Degree in Mathematics and Science Education (BMSE) for Diploma in Mathematics and Science Education Holders or its equivalent from recognized tertiary institutions.
7. 3-year Bachelor Degree in Basic Education (3PDE) for holders of Specialist Certificates in
Education or Diploma in subjects other than Education from recognized Tertiary Institutions.
1. 3-year Diploma in Commerce (DCO)
2. 3-year Diploma in Management Studies (DMS)
3. 2-year Bachelor Degree in Commerce (BCOM- CoDE) for Dip in Commerce from CoDE /Accounting and GAT/ ATSWA final Certificate Holders
4. 2-year Bachelor Degree in Management Studies (BMS- CoDE) for Dip in Mgt. Studies from CoDE and other institutions.
5. 2-year Bachelor Degree in Commerce (BCOM- HND) for HND Accountancy and Entrepreneurship & Finance Holders only.
6. 2-year Bachelor Degree in Management Studies (BMS- HND) for HND Secretaryship and Management Studies Holders
SALE OF APPLICATION FORMS
1. The cost of a set of Scratch Card and prospectus for Direct admission to the Diploma and Degree in Education/Commerce/Management Studies/Marketing programmes is;
(a)Ghana Nationals: One Hundred and Eighty Ghana Cedis (GH¢180.00).
(b)Foreign Nationals : One Hundred US Dollars (US $ 100.00)
2. Mature Students Entrance Examination for admission to the Diploma in Basic Education/Psychology and Foundations of Education/ Mathematics and Science, Commerce, Management Studies Programmes which include the cost of Scratch Card, a Manual for the Preparatory Classes, Tuition and Examination Fee, is as follows:
(a) Ghanaian Nationals: Two Hundred and Fifty Ghana Cedis (GH¢250.00)
(b) Foreign Nationals: One Hundred and Twenty US Dollars (US $ 120.00)
3.Mode of payment.
(a)Applicants can buy SCRATCH CARDS from the study centres using BANK DRAFT only, payable to the College of Distance Education, University of Cape Coast and drawn from any of the following banks:
i.Ghana Commercial Bank
ii.Agricultural Development Bank
(b)SCRATCH CARDS bought from the Regional/District Branches of Zenith Bank, Prudential Bank Ltd. Unibank and Ghana Post should be by CASH.
The requisite application forms can be obtained from the following places:
4. (a) College of Distance Education, University of Cape Coast, Cape Coast.
(b) University of Cape Coast Accra Office at Tesano.
(c) All Branches of Zenith Bank Ghana Ltd.
(d) All Branches of Unibank Ghana Ltd.
(e) All Branches of Prudential Bank Ltd.
(f) All Regional and Major District Offices of GHANA POST.
(g) Regional Offices and Study Centres of College of Distance Education:
• Ashanti -Kumasi Office (Tafo Nhyiaso), Obuasi (Obuasi Snr High Technical Sch), Offinso (Dwamena Akenten SHS), Simms, Asante Mampong Technical College of Education, Manso Abore SHS, KTI, WESCO, KASS, Kumasi T. I. AMASS;
• Brong Ahafo – Sunyani Office (Abesim, Asana Junction), Techiman SHS, Dormaa SHS, Hwidiem SHS, Kintampo SHS, Nkoranza SHS, Drobo SHS;
• Central – Swedru (SWESBU & SWESCO), Assin Foso (Obiri Yeboah SHS), Breman Asikuma SHS, Dunkwa-On-Offin (Boa Amponsem SHS), Kasoa (Ngleshi Amanfrom SHS), Twifo Praso SHS;
• Eastern – Koforidua Office (Okorase Junction 10), Oda (Attafuah SHS), Abetifi College of Education, Somanya Sec. Tech., Akwamuman SHS (Akosombo), Begoro Presec SHS;
• Greater Accra – Accra (Papafio Hills and Zenith College), Ada (Ada College of Education) Tema (Tema SHS); Dansoman (St. Margaret Mary Sec. Tech.)
• Northern -Tamale Office (Vittim), Gambaga (Gambaga Girls SHS); Salaga, Damongo;
• Upper East – Bolgatanga Office (Yikeni on the Navrongo Rd.), Navrongo, Zebilla;
• Upper West – Wa (Wa Sec), Tumu College of Education, Lawra, Nandom;
• Volta – Ho Office (Little Bethlehem), Akatsi (Akatsi College of Education), Jasikan (Jasikan College of Education), Hohoe (St. Teresa’s College of Education); and
• Western – Takoradi Office (Ntankorful), Tarkwa (Fiaseman SHS), Enchi College of Education, Nsein SHS, Bibiani SHS, Sefwi Dabiso SHS.
For more information about the application visit, www.ucc.edu.gh